This time I’d like to share with you some clips on the lifestyle of some of the richest people on the planet. It proves that most of them understand the true meaning of riches and humility unlike some of the people we know.
Ingvar Kamprad is the founder of Ikea and has a net worth of at least $28 billion. Other billionaires may have chosen cheap cars and can be deemed as humble, well-grounded people. But if being thrifty is concerned, nothing beats Kamprad as he chose to drive a humble Volvo 240, which only costs $1500. Aside from that, he prefers to take the bus from time to time.
Mel Gibson is worth $400m but drives a $12,000 Smart car to lunch in Malibu
He could drive a luxurious Tesla, which is both stylish and eco-friendly. But Mel Gibson – who is reportedly worth over $400m – chose instead to drive a Smart Car when leaving a lunch in Malibu on Sunday. The vehicles start at $12,000.
How to Live like Mark Zuckerberg
He’s worth at least 25 billion, he’s young(29), he’s the founder of the many tentacled Facebook. Despite all that, he’s unassuming, under-glammed and down-to-earth in his ways. If you’d like to emulate the world of Mark Zuckerberg, it won’t take flashy cars or homes.
Drive a simple car. Mark has a $22,000 Japanese car. Clearly it’s working for him. If you’re lusting after a Porsche, Maserati, Ferrari or Hummer, give up the yearning now. Find a car that is reliable, affordable, sensible, and that fits you without a squeeze. You don’t need a fancy car to prove you’re a special person.
Prince William & Kate Middleton
The first thing that people think about when it comes to royalty is money and a lavish lifestyle. Prince William himself has a high net worth, but not as high as you might think at $40 million. Even Kate’s net worth is only in the $1 million range. Kate has made money for appearances since she married William, but not a ridiculous amount.
The royal couple choose to save money and give those willing to serve them a break. Kate will wear the same outfit twice (unlike most royalty), and the two don’t pay someone to go to the supermarket for them. Kate and her child George will walk about the streets of England with grocery bags in tow.
Before I close here’s food for thought:
The last wishes of Alexander the Great
On his death bed, Alexander summoned his army generals and told them his three ultimate wishes:
- The best doctors should carry his coffin …
- The wealth he has accumulated (money, gold, precious stones) should be scattered along the procession to the cemetery …
- His hands should be let loose, so they hang outside the coffin for all to see…
One of his generals who was surprised by these unusual requests asked Alexander to explain. Here is what Alexander the Great had to say:
- “I want the best doctors to carry my coffin to demonstrate that in the face of death , even the best doctors in the world have no power to heal ..”
- “I want the road to be covered with my treasure so that everybody sees that material wealth acquired on earth, will stay on earth..”
- I want my hands to swing in the wind, so that people understand that we come to this world empty handed and we leave this world empty handed after the most precious treasure of all is exhausted, and that is: TIME.
We do not take to our grave any material wealth. TIME is our most precious treasure because it is LIMITED. We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.
Good night and take care my dearest brothers, sisters, and friends. But good riddance to all of the heartless so-called ministers and wives who patronize the pulpit and indulge in comfort the alms of the very innocent and poorest poor.